14 March, 2023
#35 Portret van een vrouw in de financiële sector: Elizabeth Devriendt
1) Can you shortly present your role as today in the organisation?
I’m the Go-to Market & Campaign Manager and am responsible for all communication going out towards our clients.
2) What brought you to finance?
After working for six years in the fashion industry, I needed a change of scenery and discover a new world. I’m also a real estate investor and that’s why I wanted to learn more about finance.
3) What did you learn recently regarding gender equality?
I believe that it’s not something we should take for granted. Landing a job with a good working environment is also a lot of luck. You still need to find your place and fight for the right to be at the table.
4) What was one of the decisions that had the most impact on you or your career?
It was to change jobs. It wasn’t an easy decision to make but my previous position didn’t suit me anymore. I needed a change of scenery. I know that sometimes we might feel stuck in our job, but it doesn’t mean that you can’t change your environment.
5) Any message to share with female students interested in finance, or with young women starting their career?
Work on achieving your goals and don’t pay attention to the people who try to discourage you.